Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Can I send Event Data through Data Feed?

Level 2

Background: I am configuring Data Feeds for several internal stakeholders. 

On the Data-feed configuration page we can select specific evars and props. However, I do not see any events that I can include in the data feed. Is this not possible?

Any help is appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't select specific events to send.. raw data feeds send all events in a two specific fields called event_list / post_event_list. This needs to be processed in conjunction with the event.tsv lookup table that is also provided... since you will not see the events like you do in Workspace.... "event1", "event5", etc....

All events are given a numeric representation, and the standard metrics will come first, then your custom events.

You should also be aware that the raw data feed generally needs quite a bit of massaging... all the traffic that is excluded in your Workspaces, Data Warehouse, Report Builder, etc  is still in the raw data - this means all bot traffic, all traffic from internal IPs, etc is part of the feed and will need to processed base on the exclude_hit field...

Honestly, you are probably better to configure your raw data feeds with ALL possible fields, and in your processing ignore what you don't need.... you can't modify the columns later, meaning that you have to cancel the entire feed and create a whole new one if you missed something.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

You can't select specific events to send.. raw data feeds send all events in a two specific fields called event_list / post_event_list. This needs to be processed in conjunction with the event.tsv lookup table that is also provided... since you will not see the events like you do in Workspace.... "event1", "event5", etc....

All events are given a numeric representation, and the standard metrics will come first, then your custom events.

You should also be aware that the raw data feed generally needs quite a bit of massaging... all the traffic that is excluded in your Workspaces, Data Warehouse, Report Builder, etc  is still in the raw data - this means all bot traffic, all traffic from internal IPs, etc is part of the feed and will need to processed base on the exclude_hit field...

Honestly, you are probably better to configure your raw data feeds with ALL possible fields, and in your processing ignore what you don't need.... you can't modify the columns later, meaning that you have to cancel the entire feed and create a whole new one if you missed something.

Community Advisor

One note, the more columns you require, the more processing time you would need on your side.