Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Can I get running totals in Report Builder?

Level 1

I'm trying to put together a little report with some marketing channels - trials, sales etc. by week over a 3 month period. 

I've got the data, but what I'd like to do is present the weekly data as a running total, and then compare that with different patterns. 

Is there any way to get a running total in Report Builder? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

M,

You can create a custom metric to handle this. Documentation is here.

Mine looks like the attached image, and worked exactly as I expected

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi, 

If I understand your query correctly you want to have a report showing the data for the last 3 months with weekly numbers in a row and the last 3 months would be a rolling date.

In the Report Builder you can select 'Rolling Dates' and then specify 'Rolling weekly' and then under 'Apply granularity' also select week. I think this would give you the required result. 

Let me know if that solves your question. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hey Tanmay, 

Thanks for the reply. My question was actually around how to display a running total for my data. Any thoughts? 

M

Employee

Hi M,

It would be great if you could show a sample structure of the report that you are willing to create. That would help me in understanding your requirements better. Thanks!

Tanmay

Level 1

Hey Tanmay, 

Really appreciate your support :-). Attached is a little Excel sheet that will explain the kind of output I am trying to generate. I hope that this helps. 

Manas

Correct answer by
Level 4

M,

You can create a custom metric to handle this. Documentation is here.

Mine looks like the attached image, and worked exactly as I expected

Level 1

Ah! Ascending_sort! That's probably it. Going to take a look now,I'm pretty confident this is going to work! Thanks for your help.