Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Campaign clickthrough counts

Level 1

Howdy, all.  I know that this is bad practice, but we're passing a set of utm_ parameters from the URL of a landing page (via cookie) to the URL of the application start page.  Adobe Analytics picks up the utm_ parameters and concatenates them in the Campaign variable (eVar0).  If the same parameters are set on two consecutive URLs, eVar0 will be set to the same value in the consecutive image calls.  My question is, will the Clickthrough metric in Campaign reporting show one or two Clickthroughs?  That is, is the same eVar0 value reported only once per visit?  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Campaign Clickthroughs metric is a renamed (branded) eVarN Instances metric. it returns the number of times the value was set to the variable. If the same value was set twice, the metric would return two.

If the implementation leverages another Clickthroughs metric that is a custom event with the serialization setting "once per visit", then this event will return one for the same scenario. Similar is true if the metric is built as a derived metric on a visit.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 5

Hi

i think the click through report will depend on how the eVar variable is set in adobe analytics. If it is set to expire on every hit it will be counted twice. if it is set to expire per visit it should be counted once.

Correct answer by
Level 10

The Campaign Clickthroughs metric is a renamed (branded) eVarN Instances metric. it returns the number of times the value was set to the variable. If the same value was set twice, the metric would return two.

If the implementation leverages another Clickthroughs metric that is a custom event with the serialization setting "once per visit", then this event will return one for the same scenario. Similar is true if the metric is built as a derived metric on a visit.