Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

Calculated CTR Metric

Level 3

Hello,

Some time ago I asked about how to calculate a CTR metric, but it is not working as the client expected.

I'd like to show a calculated CTR metric to a client but I can't seem to make it work.
The metric we're trying to build would be calculated considering total page views where page equals '/' as denominator, and not page views that are persisted after the Showcase Product (v9) metric is registered, which is the value considered when I'm building the calculated metric:

Ricardo33_0-1723467745097.png

Is it possible to build that calculated metric considering the total page views that I outlined in red instead of the page views present in the 'Interações no Banner' table?

Ricardo33_1-1723467769027.png

Thank you!

5 Replies

Community Advisor

It looks like you may have tried to post an image but I'm not seeing it. Either way you should be able to make a sequential segment like this: VISIT (Page Name ="/" AND (EXCLUDE (Only After Sequence (v9 exists Then Occurrence exists))))

Hope that helps

Community Advisor

Hi @Ricardo-33  - I can see your screenshots and if I understand your question correctly, you want to do something similar to this scenario from demo data screenshot.  

How many AMO clicks were there per homepage page views.  In this table, I can select both metrics (and homepage dimension filter above page view), right click, and select create metric from selection > divide.  

Josh__Stephens_0-1723499535212.png

That adds a column - but you'll need to reformat it as a percentage - click on the info logo then the pencil and change to a percentage.

Josh__Stephens_1-1723499692764.png

Here you can change the formatting and you'll also see the full definition of your metric.

Josh__Stephens_2-1723499740421.png

Hope this helps

Level 2

Hi Ricardo,

I have the same issue here. And I take that you want to calculate each banner's CTR(evar9 as dimension here) instead of page total's CTR(week as dimension in Josh's answer).

My understanding is that the solution is to have "banner impression" custom event implemented (together with banner name) to calculate each banner's CTR. Or for now, do it in excel manually with page view in a separate table. We cannot use click and PV as metrics for evar9 as dimension in the same table - they won't have the same PV for each evar9 value(row).

Wonder it in future AA's calculated metric can do a semi-static number function. Instead of puting in a type-in number, it can be a static PV of certain page, not filtered by dimension values.

Hope you can share more if there's other solutions

Level 3

Hello Frankie,

We've implemented two events: "banner click" and "banner view," along with a prop with "," delimiter that captures the banners.

When the component containing the banners is viewed, the "banner view" event triggers, capturing all the banners in the prop. Similarly, when a user clicks on a banner, the same prop records the specific banner value.

This approach allows us to calculate the CTR by dividing the "banner click" count by the "banner view" count, as all necessary values are in the same table.

Level 2

Thank you Ricardo. Seems implementing custom events for banner view&click is the only solution now for this requirement. Hope there's new functions to enable the calculation without implementation-specifically for static banner which normally shows alone with Pageload.