Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Building a segment to remove specific eVar hits from reports

Level 1

Hey guys,

I am trying to build a segment to hide some incorrectly captured data from Adobe Analytics:

1. On a page A, a click triggers a hit with eVar23 and eVar32 values. (this hit is correct)

2. On the same page A, immediately after, another hit is sent with eVar32 and eVar6 (this hit should not have been recorded).

Is there a way to remove the second hit from reports (workspace) by building a segment, that would not affect Visitor numbers? (So a hit-level segment, not visitors/visit level). 

I experimented a bit with 'Then->Within->1->Hit(s)" segment condition, but AA does not like that logic for eVar hits. 

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated (if it is possible at all).

Cheers, Tomek

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this: in each of your eVar conditions in the segment, click its gear icon. This should allow you to choose the radio button "Instance". That will cause AA to only segment those hits where the eVar had been set, and not those hits where the eVar persists.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Try this: in each of your eVar conditions in the segment, click its gear icon. This should allow you to choose the radio button "Instance". That will cause AA to only segment those hits where the eVar had been set, and not those hits where the eVar persists.