Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Breaking down an event by 2 evars on the analysis workspace

Level 1

Newbie alert !!!

I am trying and learning to use analysis work-space ( not an analyst by any means),

1. On the free form table i have an event that i can break down by an evar1, which shows the resulting rows.
  2. I want these resulting rows to be broken down by another evar2.
  3. Manually i can break each of the result from 1. with evar2 by drag droppping but i was wondering if its possible to do this across all the results all at the same time.
  4. The reason for me to be wanting to do this is so that i can have a rolling window of a week and have the second level of breaking down done automatically irrespective of the number of results from 1.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ravi,

Breakdown would work only on the rows that you have selected. Analysis workspace does not breakdown every line item to save on processing times. one of the ways could be to save your project and change the date ranges by week to get a weekly view of the data. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Tanmay

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Ravi,

Breakdown would work only on the rows that you have selected. Analysis workspace does not breakdown every line item to save on processing times. one of the ways could be to save your project and change the date ranges by week to get a weekly view of the data. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Tanmay