Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bounce Rate calculation

Level 1

Hello, 

I'd like some clarifications about some definitions on Adobe Analytics.

Here below what I found out on your on line resources:

Bounce Rate does not include visits where multiple actions occurred on a single page. For example, a visit with a video view on a single page is a Single Access but not a Bounce.

1. So bounce rate it is calculated only for external traffic?
  2. How we can calculate the occurrence of internal page views without visitor interactions with the page?

Regards

Francesco

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

1.So bounce rate it is calculated only for external traffic?

No Bounce is any visits which has single server call , the referrer value would not impact the processing of Bounce.

2.How we can calculate the occurrence of internal page views without visitor interactions with the page?

Would request you to elaborate on "internal page views" ???

Tthanks

Saneesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

1.So bounce rate it is calculated only for external traffic?

No Bounce is any visits which has single server call , the referrer value would not impact the processing of Bounce.

2.How we can calculate the occurrence of internal page views without visitor interactions with the page?

Would request you to elaborate on "internal page views" ???

Tthanks

Saneesh

Level 1

Can you please also answer 'how to aggregate bounce rate for some pages in Adobe Analytics'?

Because manual aggregation value doesn't match with that of which is shown in Adobe.

Level 2

Hello team,

Wanted to confirm my understanding on the Bounce. If a user clicks on the external link, that won't be accounted as a bounce. Is that correct? 

Thank you!