Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Bloodhound issue

Level 2
Since April we are no longer able to utilise proxxy debuggers/packet sniffers like Charles or Bloodhound.
From an IT perspective, we have tested this on external ADSL connections both in the office and at my house to make sure network isn't the barrier. It's also been tested on Mac OS, a build windows machine and my own windows machine to make sure policies and OS aren't getting in the way. 
The issue experienced is that all the devices on the network can't access the proxy server created by Bloodhound.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Lucia,

We haven't released any updates to BH since late last year, so from a technical side, I'm not sure I can offer much advise as to why Bloodhound (or any other proxy tool) would have stopped working for you in April.

The first thing that I do when diagnosing issues with Bloodhound is make sure that I can see the server from my web browser.  If your Bloodhound instance and device are on the same subnet, entering the ip/port combination into the browser on your device should take you to a "Bloodhound Information" screen.  This ensures that your device is able to communicate with the BH proxy.

Hope this helps.

steve benedick
mobile software engineer
Adobe Marketing Cloud

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hey Lucia,

We haven't released any updates to BH since late last year, so from a technical side, I'm not sure I can offer much advise as to why Bloodhound (or any other proxy tool) would have stopped working for you in April.

The first thing that I do when diagnosing issues with Bloodhound is make sure that I can see the server from my web browser.  If your Bloodhound instance and device are on the same subnet, entering the ip/port combination into the browser on your device should take you to a "Bloodhound Information" screen.  This ensures that your device is able to communicate with the BH proxy.

Hope this helps.

steve benedick
mobile software engineer
Adobe Marketing Cloud