Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Basket Size - Analysis Workspace

Level 2

Hi Team,

Please let me how we can represent basket size in adobe analytics, as orders/visit is not showing data properly. So, is there any other way.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear bindukumari90,

When you say size, the size can be based on Revenue or Items.

If you want to understand the Bucket Size based on the items the customer purchase, then use Units / Orders, which will give you average bucket size based on the Items. Vice Versa, if you think to calculate based on the Revenue. However, the bucket size is while purchasing the item and not during other events (Because, the metrics Units or Revenue will only apply to hits with the purchase event i.e. Order.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

In terms of ecommerce metrics you have these standard custom events.

Screen Shot 2021-12-21 at 11.56.28 AM.png

 So you need to decide when is the final cart status ready for you to capture?

Personally I would capture at time of when user does scCheckout.

Next item to decide is what do you capture in terms of basket size?

Is it $ total value?

Is it # of items?

From there maybe add an evar that captures basket size at time of checkout click. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear bindukumari90,

When you say size, the size can be based on Revenue or Items.

If you want to understand the Bucket Size based on the items the customer purchase, then use Units / Orders, which will give you average bucket size based on the Items. Vice Versa, if you think to calculate based on the Revenue. However, the bucket size is while purchasing the item and not during other events (Because, the metrics Units or Revenue will only apply to hits with the purchase event i.e. Order.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics