Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Retrieving URL Slug in Adobe Analytics

Level 1

Many of the URLs that I'm trying to analyze are super long. I want to be able to just capture the slug. Is there a way to do this within AA?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Wendy,

Not sure which report you are seeing.

If you are seeing the default URL report, then the report will have the complete URL structure and not just the URL Slug (Path).

To capture the URL Slug, you can use an eVar with a limit of 256 char bytes or use RegEx to build a classification builder to separate the URL slug if possible (Sorry, i don't have any ready-made RegEx).

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Not sure what you mean by slug but basically your url variable pass it to an evar. The evar I think is limited to 256 or 512 characters long vs 100 for url.

You can then pull your report by the evar and have much longer lengths viewable.

GLTU

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Wendy,

Not sure which report you are seeing.

If you are seeing the default URL report, then the report will have the complete URL structure and not just the URL Slug (Path).

To capture the URL Slug, you can use an eVar with a limit of 256 char bytes or use RegEx to build a classification builder to separate the URL slug if possible (Sorry, i don't have any ready-made RegEx).

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics