Expand my Community achievements bar.

Aw, Snap! Error Message

Level 1

Does anyone else encounter this Aw, Snap! error message multiple times a day? So frustrating, especially since more times than not, even though I save my Workspace projects often, I lose most of my work. Is this just a Chrome issue, as I also experience challenges in accessing Experience League and/or other Adobe doc links.

Aw Snap.png

11 Replies

Administrator

I personally never get this issue (but I'll also let others chime in on their experiences). I assume you've checked, but could it be a connection issue? Are you running a VPN?

Level 1

Interesting. I typically work remotely and am consistently authenticated on a VPN (to access network drives/folders); however, I have also experienced this while in the office (not on VPN). 

Community Advisor

I don't encounter this either... but remember that Workspace is client side JS so it uses a lot of memory. Also, the more extensions you have in your Chrome and the number of tabs you have open (and all the programs in general you have open), the more memory you are going to use...

How much memory do you have on your machine? 

Level 10

I get this sometimes making a high data change in large workspaces. Not often, however.

Employee

It likely due to memory issue. Every Workspace tab in a Google Chrome browser shares 4GB of memory in total. This represents the percent of that memory allowance that is being consumed by the current project. The guideline is 3500 MB, which is the point at which Workspace will begin surfacing memory errors.

So, I guess you should check if it's going beyond threshold under Project - Analysis Workspace > Help > Performance

Level 1

Thanks for informing me of the Performance view. I was unaware of that feature.

I seem to fall within the guidelines for everything, so am unclear on how browser memory factors in, unless it's related to the memory on my laptop.

To be honest, this seems to occur more regularly when building out on-the-fly, ad-hoc projects that only contain 2-4 tables. It's very frustrating as I don't normally save these and am forced to start from scratch, as the "restore" project feature seldom helps.

Community Advisor

Yeah, I hear that! I do a lot of adhoc myself, and you're right, if I lose it, I have to start from scratch.

I'm pretty sure this relates to memory on your laptop... Do you know how much memory you have?

Employee

If it is within the guidelines then this is odd. One more thing you can try checking is how much memory each tab on Chrome is consuming using Chrome Task Manager on a Windows computer; you can press Shift and Esc. But I would suggest logging a ticket to client care with Project Details such that this can be checked further.

Community Advisor

Hmm that should be plenty! I have 8 GB and a memory leak problem.

I wonder if there's a problem with one of your extensions? That could be causing an issue in Chrome? It might not be a memory issue, but it might be something inherently incompatible between an extension and workspace...

This will be a little time consuming, but can you try disabling all your extensions and see if you still get issues? If not, you can try re-enabling extensions one by one and try to identify which extension might be causing impacts.

Level 1

was your issue ever resolve, I also experience the same