Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Average Time on Page

Level 3

Hi,

I would calculate the average amount of time for a dimension by using an evar or a prop.

I have already read this documentation Time Spent  but I'm not sure to use the right metric.

Do I have to use “Average time spent on site” (seconds) or “Average time on site” ?

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Visit based metrics will include time of all pages interacted upon during the visit session. The key here is to limit the data, to just your desired pages. Make sure your segment is hit based(vs visit based), that way you will see data isolated to just the pages within a given section.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

I'd recommend 'Time Spent on Page - Bucketed'. This is a dimension available in Analysis workspace.

Level 3

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The problem is that it's a dimension and I need a metric to get directly an average per theme (business, culture...) in my website for example.

Best regards,

Mathilde

Community Advisor

Thre challenge here is how you define your content...

i recommend use SAINT to classify your key pages/sections as you have them...

Then run a a report for Time spent per visit per classified page type...

Level 3

My website sections are already available in a prop & an evar.

If I use Time spent per visit, will I have the time spent on these specific pages or the average time spent for a visit including theses pages ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Visit based metrics will include time of all pages interacted upon during the visit session. The key here is to limit the data, to just your desired pages. Make sure your segment is hit based(vs visit based), that way you will see data isolated to just the pages within a given section.