Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Australian Regional Area Reporting

Level 1

Hi All

I am trying to build a report to look at non-metro traffic for Australia, I was hoping i could just do an easy segment of Does not Equal Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide.

However, the cities goes right down to the suburb level, so to build that segment I need to type in every single suburb in the segment.

Does anyone know how to build a segment that will exclude not just the specific cities but its surrounding Metro area, i.e. the suburbs as well

So for Sydney for Example, include all suburbs from Sydney to approx Penrith going west, down to Cronulla in the south and up to about Hornsby in the North. for Melbourne From Melbourne out to Lilydale in the East, North to the Broadmeadows & West to Melton

Is there a way you can import suburbs or preferably postcodes, or drop a pin on a map or something?

Any help would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This will take a bit of work but once done will allow you the specific breakdowns.

Using SAINT classifications.

create a sub class, to city(city will be key).

city 1, group A

city 2, group B

city 3, group C

city 4, group A

etc

Basically lets say you have 400 cities define each by its respective Group. Once done you upload once using classification Importer. Now you can segment by Group. Moving forward if cities change, are removed or added just upload updates and it will be as accurate as needed.

GLTU

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

This will take a bit of work but once done will allow you the specific breakdowns.

Using SAINT classifications.

create a sub class, to city(city will be key).

city 1, group A

city 2, group B

city 3, group C

city 4, group A

etc

Basically lets say you have 400 cities define each by its respective Group. Once done you upload once using classification Importer. Now you can segment by Group. Moving forward if cities change, are removed or added just upload updates and it will be as accurate as needed.

GLTU