Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Are the segments who defines a VRS applied over the entire dataset or do they use the date range when Report is build?

Level 2

Hi all. 

I´m trying to export an VRS to SQL through Adobe Data Feeds and I was thinking about one question. Example:

- Imagine that, for any reason, we would like to exclude in our VRS all the hits for visitors without Cart Additions.

- In adobe, we could create a segment for the VRS using Exclude (Cart Additions exists) at Visitor Level. More or less like this:

alvaroP_1-1666356548959.png

My question is: If we include this clause in VRS, is considering the date range used inside VRS? or PRIOR to use the VRS, the visitors without Cart Additions are not included (meaning that he analyzes the data prior to use the info into Adobe Reports?

Maybe from the Adobe Analytics point of view is trivial , but if we have to "Full scan" to discard in SQL the Visitors, it could be not so trivial.

Thanks in advance. Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I haven't used excluded in VRS, I do know that these should be using segmentation the same way as Workspace. VRS is really like using a "saved segment profile - for one or more defined segments"

So if you are looking at Visitors excluding Cart Additions... it should be for all time.... However, I was chatting with someone recently about the exclusions feature, and he raised a concern about how it was working... I would like to do some research into that to make sure that this is working as we both think it should work

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

While I haven't used excluded in VRS, I do know that these should be using segmentation the same way as Workspace. VRS is really like using a "saved segment profile - for one or more defined segments"

So if you are looking at Visitors excluding Cart Additions... it should be for all time.... However, I was chatting with someone recently about the exclusions feature, and he raised a concern about how it was working... I would like to do some research into that to make sure that this is working as we both think it should work

Community Advisor

Just to confirm, as far as I can tell, I can't see any issue with visitor level exclusions. You should be good to go,