Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Are alerts in Reports & Analytics THAT bad??

Level 3

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I can't set actionable hourly alerts for basic metrics such as Page Views or Orders on an hourly basis. My goal is to send an email if PageViews or Orders fall below a lower hourly threshold.

The main problem is I can't specify the alert to trigger based on specific hours. My 2-5am hours will definitely have lower PVs and Orders than 2-5pm... but I can only set the alert to check for the same lower limit per every hour, and this wont do! I need to have different alerts per hour, so lets say I can set an eVar that captures the hour so I'd be able to set an alert for a specific hour... 

Now the problem becomes that I can't set an Alert to check at the end of an hour in eVars :s 

Weirdly enough, I can only set hourly alerts on a raw success event report, or a trended pageviews report of a prop value... I'm good with a lower limit Alert for PageViews if I implement a prop, but not my all important Orders, I need an evar with the hours as values. 

Whats the deal? Help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hate to say it, but you are correct that our hourly alerts leave quite a bit to be desired. My experience has been that all other intevals (day/week/month etc.) work fantastic though.

Here's a suggestion on the ideas exchange that I'd highly recommend upvoting and encourage your colleagues to do the same:
http://ideas.omniture.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-Adobe/Alerts-for-specific-hour-ranges-of-the-day/idi-...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Thank you for digging this up! I seemed to be aghast at the moment about this... hah

Once I implement an eVar to capture time I will be able to set alerts based on the values of that evar report, giving me the ability to set different alerts per hour... but the problem is I can't set eVar reports to check for an alert at the end of an hour. 

[img]hor_alert.png[/img]

I think Reports & Analytics just isn't the tool for alerting on an hourly basis. It would be cool though!

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hate to say it, but you are correct that our hourly alerts leave quite a bit to be desired. My experience has been that all other intevals (day/week/month etc.) work fantastic though.

Here's a suggestion on the ideas exchange that I'd highly recommend upvoting and encourage your colleagues to do the same:
http://ideas.omniture.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-for-Adobe/Alerts-for-specific-hour-ranges-of-the-day/idi-...

Level 3

I've never seen an idea in the exchange be so exactly what I've wished for; thank you for posting this link! I hope people reading this can follow it and vote too!