Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!
SOLVED

Apple Pay Tracking

Level 2

My company recently launched Apple Pay but we are under reporting in Adobe compared to our backend reporting. We have a theory that she is exiting the site after Apple Pay is complete before our confirmation tag loads, so the order still processes on the backend but doesn't register in Adobe. Has anyone else seen this issue? And if so, is there a work around to make sure we are capturing all Apple Pay orders in Adobe?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I haven't seen that myself... we had only started putting Apple Pay on our sites, then we migrated and don't have that re-implemented yet (we may never, as I recall it was painful and we didn't seem to get a lot of interest)... and the Apple Store payments through our iOS app would be a completely different flow, so not really comparable.

Does your Apple Pay implementation auto-send users back to your site to a dedicated thank you page on your site? It seems unusual that someone would exit out of the payment flow until they had a proper payment confirmation screen....

How far off are your numbers? Could the difference be due to opt-outs on tracking or active analytics blocking? Have you been able to replicate the issue in test mode on your dev/qa account?

I would first try to see if you can replicate the issue? Maybe there is a JS error that is preventing tracking from happening properly?

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I haven't seen that myself... we had only started putting Apple Pay on our sites, then we migrated and don't have that re-implemented yet (we may never, as I recall it was painful and we didn't seem to get a lot of interest)... and the Apple Store payments through our iOS app would be a completely different flow, so not really comparable.

Does your Apple Pay implementation auto-send users back to your site to a dedicated thank you page on your site? It seems unusual that someone would exit out of the payment flow until they had a proper payment confirmation screen....

How far off are your numbers? Could the difference be due to opt-outs on tracking or active analytics blocking? Have you been able to replicate the issue in test mode on your dev/qa account?

I would first try to see if you can replicate the issue? Maybe there is a JS error that is preventing tracking from happening properly?

Level 1

Hi @denise_arjunan1 @Jennifer_Dungan we are experiencing a similar issue but it seems more common with Apple Pay.  We are on SFCC, Forter, Tealium, and Adobe Analytics.  We are getting some "headless" orders where no custom variables are set at all.  The Order ID and Payment Method are set at the Order Event, yet we are seeing Orders with no Order ID, and some Order ID Instances without an order.  Then we have Order ID's with no Purchase ID, and zero orders and zero revenue.

This started end of December/early January as far as I can tell.

See attached screenshots from Workspace and Data Warehouse export.  Hopefully there is a simple answer here!

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.14.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.17.02 PM.png