Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

App Tracking - Adobe not sending hits to server post First Launch in Android

Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have an app that my developers have implemented the Adobe Analytics tracking using the Adobe Experience Platform Cordova plugins. The tracking on iOS is working fine, but not on Android.

On Android, in the app's first launch (immediately after installation), the tracking requests are sent out as expected. However, after closing and app and opening it again, no more tracking requests are sent. The following error message is displayed in the console:

D/AdobeExperienceSDK: AnalyticsExtension - getSharedState - Shared State for com.adobe.module.identity couldn't be retrieved at the time, will retry later. If this message persists, please make sure you have registered and configured the com.adobe.module.identity extension properly based on the documentation.

This is the developer's first implementation of this kind, so it's possible we have missed something basic.

What could be the problem here? If more information is required, it can be provided.

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks. We have seem few similar issues in the past. Please open a support ticket so that we can further troubleshoot this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you check if the Mobile Core extension is enabled and that the Experience Cloud Org ID is set in Adobe Launch UI?

Level 1

Hello Khurshid,

Yes, they are. I will also point out that the iOS and Android versions both share the same Launch property.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Thanks. We have seem few similar issues in the past. Please open a support ticket so that we can further troubleshoot this.