Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

API Segment update would be applied on Calculated Metric?

Level 1

Hi, I have one question regarding API work using updated Calculated metrics & Segments

For example, 

1) Make Calculated Metric A on May 1st, using Segment B

2) Update Segment B on May 5th

3) Extract Data through API utilizing Calculated Metric A on May 7th

-> In this case, would extracted data automatically apply Segment B's update?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I didn't test and wondering if Adobe has any documentation for this specific requirement. However, my understanding of segments and calculated metrics is that they are both evaluated with live data upon consumption, so the answer to your question should be yes, the updated segment will be used on May 7th.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I didn't test and wondering if Adobe has any documentation for this specific requirement. However, my understanding of segments and calculated metrics is that they are both evaluated with live data upon consumption, so the answer to your question should be yes, the updated segment will be used on May 7th.

Community Advisor

I agree, since the segments and calculated metrics update to all reports and are evaluated live, any changes you make will apply to new API calls.

This is good, but can also be bad.. if you need a variation of your segment or calculated metric, always make sure to do so in a copy so that all the existing processes using the original remain untouched.