Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

API reference codes (events, marketing channels)

Level 2

Where can I find the API lookup files?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

events.tsv? That's part of the Raw Data export... I am unaware of this file in conjunction with the Reporting API...

That file should be provided automatically with the Raw Data export, I don't know where else to get this file except as additional resources for the Exports:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

However, I believe that the API 2.0 might use the numerical reference to ids, rather than the name? Making this API hard to use... 

If you are trying to build API calls, I would recommend using Workspace's debug mode... build the report you want, turn on the debugger (Help > Enable debugger)

You will have a new icon that looks like a little bug on all your visualizations.... When you click on it, it will show timestamps for each of the API calls made to retrieve the data... you can click on these to be taken to a screen that will show you the API calls (in XML, curl and JSON), you can use these as a starting point for creating API calls of your own.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Can I ask for a little more clarity about what you are looking for?

Which API are you trying to use? Reporting API? Data Insertion API? etc?

Which lookup files are you trying to find? 

Level 2

Hi Jennifer - The reporting API, and I am looking for the excel.tsv that is the reference file for events. Also the reference file for Marketing Channels.

Thanks!

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

events.tsv? That's part of the Raw Data export... I am unaware of this file in conjunction with the Reporting API...

That file should be provided automatically with the Raw Data export, I don't know where else to get this file except as additional resources for the Exports:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/export/analytics-data-feed/data-feed-contents/data...

However, I believe that the API 2.0 might use the numerical reference to ids, rather than the name? Making this API hard to use... 

If you are trying to build API calls, I would recommend using Workspace's debug mode... build the report you want, turn on the debugger (Help > Enable debugger)

You will have a new icon that looks like a little bug on all your visualizations.... When you click on it, it will show timestamps for each of the API calls made to retrieve the data... you can click on these to be taken to a screen that will show you the API calls (in XML, curl and JSON), you can use these as a starting point for creating API calls of your own.

Community Advisor

You're welcome... it would be really nice if this information was readily available.....  it's not like it's based per suite, since it doesn't reference the custom names but the general "event1", "instance of eVar1", "purchase", etc

Level 1

The Information you shared above is great. I have been reading all you shared here. In this you explained everything very well. If i want any further guideline we will contact you here https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-magnum4d-questions/api-reference-codes-events-marketing-channels/td-p/552415 Thanks