Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

API 1.4: Cohort reports

Level 1

Hi,

I'm successfully accessing adobe analytics data using the API v 1.4.

I am now trying to request a cohort report via the API. More specifically, I am looking to generate a retention rate report. We have the report set up in the adobe analytics interface, but I am having trouble requesting the data via the API.

Thus, my question is: how do I specify the inclusion and return criteria in the request reportDescription?

Best,

Bijan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Cohort reports are only available in the Analysis Workspace UI but there is not a specific "cohort report API" method that Analysis Workspace calls. Instead, Analysis Workspace uses a combination of fancy segments and multiple data requests to construct the cohort panel. You can produce a cohort panel by using API 2.0 and constructing the segments and data requests for the inclusion and return similar to how Analysis Workspace does it. I recommend you use the Workspace debugger to analyze the API calls that are made and the segment definitions that are passed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Cohort reports are only available in the Analysis Workspace UI but there is not a specific "cohort report API" method that Analysis Workspace calls. Instead, Analysis Workspace uses a combination of fancy segments and multiple data requests to construct the cohort panel. You can produce a cohort panel by using API 2.0 and constructing the segments and data requests for the inclusion and return similar to how Analysis Workspace does it. I recommend you use the Workspace debugger to analyze the API calls that are made and the segment definitions that are passed.