Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

API 1.4 and sub-classification

Community Advisor

need some help getting data out of API 1.4. I have a multi-level-classification (Multiple-Level Classifications) which looks something line this:

evar1

|-- level1

|---level1.1

the question is how can I return the values of level1.1 in a report by API 1.4? tried a lot of different calls but either get an error or no data returned. (I checked in workspace and I should get data)

I tried almost every combination of "classification" in the call as described here https://github.com/AdobeDocs/analytics-1.4-apis/blob/master/docs/reporting-api/data_types/r_reportDe...

any ideas or hints what to try?

remark: I have no problems getting data out of the first level (level1), but I want the sub-classification (level1.1)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for your help, found it out myself.

AtulSingh​ you're call is just a filter, not an inline segment. the total is still for the unfiltered data...

Solution API 1.4

When trying "Inline-Segmentation" with Multi-Level-Classification you use just the display-name of the desired classification. it doesn't matter what level the classification is, just use the name.

lessons learned:

1) the level of classification doesn't matter, just use the name

2) never use the same name within the classification ...

3) watch your spelling

4) you can't filter for "~none~" eg to get the not classified values

Remark API 2.0: according to the workspace calls the problems should disappear since it's using a classification id.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Can you share a sample request that you have used?

Employee

You can try something like this:

{

"reportDescription": {

"reportSuiteID": "RSID",

"dateFrom": "Start",

"dateTo": "End",

"metrics": [

{

"id": "instances"

}

],

"elements": [

{

"id": "evar1",

"classification": "level1.1"

}

]

}

}

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Thanks for your help, found it out myself.

AtulSingh​ you're call is just a filter, not an inline segment. the total is still for the unfiltered data...

Solution API 1.4

When trying "Inline-Segmentation" with Multi-Level-Classification you use just the display-name of the desired classification. it doesn't matter what level the classification is, just use the name.

lessons learned:

1) the level of classification doesn't matter, just use the name

2) never use the same name within the classification ...

3) watch your spelling

4) you can't filter for "~none~" eg to get the not classified values

Remark API 2.0: according to the workspace calls the problems should disappear since it's using a classification id.