Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Any way to include/exclude in real-time traffic report?

Level 3

I am running Real-Time Traffic Reports for the current website traffic but I want to exclude specific pages when viewing real-time report. I can use the caret which allows me to select pages that begin with, however, i want everything except one type of page. So I am looking to see if there was a way to exclude something/name or excluding something that begins with while showing everything else? This is in regards to page search field, I am able to use ^ to determine that I want to show what pages that begin with something specific. thanks in advanced

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Edward,

Use - (Minus Symbol) to exclude something.

Example:

A Page

B Page

C Page

D Page

To exclude page that starts with D, Regular expression is -^D will exclude D Page and includes rest of the pages.

Regards

Ashok

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hey Edward,

I do not think there is a syntax to set a filter for exclusion.

Just in case, another character that may be helpful for you is * that works as a wildcard.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi Edward,

Use - (Minus Symbol) to exclude something.

Example:

A Page

B Page

C Page

D Page

To exclude page that starts with D, Regular expression is -^D will exclude D Page and includes rest of the pages.

Regards

Ashok

Level 3

Thanks, i tried and it didn't give me any data in return, I did get this banner error message on top:

ERROR

An unknown error occurred in retrieving some or all of your data from RealTime.OverviewReport. This endpoint returned with a status code of -1. Please submit this error to Adobe Client Care for further diagnosis

The caret symbol that begins with works fine, but when I added the - to it, that's when I got the error message. Any idea?

Level 3

thanks, i've been using the * but some of the pages i'd like to monitor contains different variations, there is just 1 group of pages in particular I do not want to capture in real-time.