Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Analysis workspace issue - when a visualization is not having data, workspace automatically scrolls to that dashboard

Level 1

Analysis workspace issue - when a visualization is not having data to render on the workspace, workspace automatically scrolls to that visualization. This is resulting in reporting users to do the unwanted scroll back to the top of the dashboard.

abrahameasok_0-1661451302654.png

can this be stopped?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you for the quick feedback. That's interesting. I quickly checked how this is happening

I have setup a default view with a virtual report suite, where no data is shown. The expectation is to have the user select their specific custom report suite view their data. This issue is happening on the default view where the segment/virtual reportsuite has 0 data.

abrahame_easo_0-1661465508599.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

How are you building those visualizations? Generally if something returns "0" results, it's still a value of "0"...and doesn't trigger that error.

While I know I have seen these errors before (while working on projects) I've not seen this happen once the report is shared.. and I can't figure out how to force this to see if there is a solution to the issue.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thank you for the quick feedback. That's interesting. I quickly checked how this is happening

I have setup a default view with a virtual report suite, where no data is shown. The expectation is to have the user select their specific custom report suite view their data. This issue is happening on the default view where the segment/virtual reportsuite has 0 data.

abrahame_easo_0-1661465508599.png

Community Advisor

OOOH I remember you now! You posted the idea about have a default suite when the selected one isn't in a user's permissions!

Well this is a really creative (and awesome idea) to get around that! I mean, aside from the new issue of the error and the auto-scrolling to said error  

But... hmmm.. how to get around auto-scrolling.....

Have you tried minimizing the panels? So that the user can choose the suite, then expand?

Level 3

Thank you @Jennifer_Dungan  for the prompt response and thoughts.

Haha its the same guy:). Glad to do that other work around for the default suite when the selected one isn't in a user's permissions!

I like your idea of keep the panel minimized. I will try that. But that would be an extra step of instructions for the business users that are not well versed with adobe analytics.

I would have loved the idea to switch of this auto scrolling issue at Adobe side

Thank you so much

Abraham

Community Advisor

Good luck.. Also, just in case you aren't aware, keeping the panel minimized also helps initial load performance (so it might not be a bad idea anyway depending on your report).

For some of my larger reports, I've actually minimized multiple panels (leaving only the main panel open) so that the users have to open one at a time, and then they don't feel they have to wait as long.

Level 3

Thank you. I would love to have this to Adobe issues queue, so they can have any action items planned further on this. 

Community Advisor

If I were you, I would add the details of your workaround to your original idea that you posted. While the two are separate items, they both resolve around the same need to provide users a common report when they don't have permissions to the parent suite.

By creating the interconnected dependency, it might give strength to Adobe creating a solution that would cover your needs. Either the "default" suite, the use of an empty suite and non-scrolling to the error, or maybe a third option we haven't considered.

In the meantime... have you considered making your "empty" suite, have just a little bit of data - enough to prevent the error from showing, but not really being meaningful on it's own?