Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Am I understanding hits correctly?

Level 1

Hi!

Just for me to understand, a hit = a server call?
Hence, the s06* is a hit and all corresponding values within it?
So, if I would make a hit segment on evar54 = not logged in, I would basically capture all the corresponding values on all other evars etc as long as that evar54 = not logged in persist in the server call.

Do I understand it correctly?

1.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jacob1983,

Yes, a hit is a server call and that is how Adobe calculates the cost and charges you for Adobe Analytics.

To create a segment on this, you need to think about what you are looking for and decide should the 'evar52 = not logged in' at a hit, visit, or visitor level and also the expiry of evar52, you may refer to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-overview.html?lang=en on segments.

So if you set it at hit level, the segment will include only hits with evar52 = not logged in, no matter sending in with the hit or, before and not expired yet. If you set it at visit level, the segment will include any visit as long as there is a hit within the visit with evar52 = not logged in. Visitor level is very unlikely for this case as it will include all visitors as long as the visitor had logged in once before.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jacob1983,

Yes, a hit is a server call and that is how Adobe calculates the cost and charges you for Adobe Analytics.

To create a segment on this, you need to think about what you are looking for and decide should the 'evar52 = not logged in' at a hit, visit, or visitor level and also the expiry of evar52, you may refer to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-overview.html?lang=en on segments.

So if you set it at hit level, the segment will include only hits with evar52 = not logged in, no matter sending in with the hit or, before and not expired yet. If you set it at visit level, the segment will include any visit as long as there is a hit within the visit with evar52 = not logged in. Visitor level is very unlikely for this case as it will include all visitors as long as the visitor had logged in once before.