Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

[Segment Creation]

Level 4
Level 4

Hi Team,

I am creating a segment to filter products that I want to see.  However, when I use 'contains' or 'equals' and use that, I am still seeing data from other products.  Am I doing something wrong here?  See below for example :

product equal 123 or product equal 456 or product equal 789

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it depends on container setting and metrics used.

If you use visit or visitor in segment you may be getting other products visited in addition to these.

See if hit level will help.

If possible screen grab complete segment definition section to assist you better.

regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it depends on container setting and metrics used.

If you use visit or visitor in segment you may be getting other products visited in addition to these.

See if hit level will help.

If possible screen grab complete segment definition section to assist you better.

regards

Community Advisor

Product is a tricky one... the filters you apply to the product dimension apply to all the products that we part of the tracking call.

Let's use a simple shopping cart example... you have a department store, and someone buys a baseball and a t-shirt (so 2 different departments). You want to provide a report to the sports department, and another report to the clothing department... but because these were made in the same purchase... if you filter for "baseball" both items are returned.

I believe this is because the products data is stored as a list of products, so "contains" will pick up both values...

I know that this has been an ask for a long time to allow better segment filters for products....

The way I work around this, is I have created a merchandising eVar that replicates the value.. if I create a segment using the eVar instead of products I can see the data I expect. so as much as I hate to waste another eVar with the same info, for my reporting (and sanity) I have to do this trick.