Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AEP web sdk consider and counts s.tl call as pageview & Duplicate pageview metrics

Level 3

Hi Team,

Doubt on AEP SDK IMPLEMENTATION:

I have two xdm send events

1. For pageload and

2nd one for Interactions/link click
My problem is: my link clicks got counted as page view it causing 2 pageviews.
I do have proper setup on web details class in schema value of pageview 1 and link click 0 for pageload event.
Links click 1 and pageview 0 for link click event. Not sure why link clicks incrementing pageviews. Anyone can help me on this

Note: Custom events are working proper it have exact pageview count but out of the box pageview metrics double counted.

DhanA2_0-1668228268369.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@DhanA2 Ideally, Adobe analytics looks at eventype to calculate whether it is a page view or link call. Can you confirm whether you are sending Target as well through edge ? In that case, there would be inflation to Pageviews because of the second Target call. You would need to create a custom event for the Page view call which you will be populating through processing rule. The processing rule will look at the eventype where eventype = web.webInteraction.Pageviews

If you have not implemented Target, then please feel free to raise a client care to look into this issue in detail. This needs detailed investigation to come up with the root cause

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear DhanA2,

Page Views are not just based on the Schema Value with Page View equals 1 or Link Click equals 1, but only based on the event type.

Set the page views properly like the one below.

Page View Call:

PratheepArunRaj_0-1668268700152.png

Non-Page View Call (i.e. Link Clicks):

PratheepArunRaj_1-1668268804261.png

So, set the Event Type properly, it will be resolved.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 3

Hi @PratheepArunRaj ,

Thanks for your response in my case event type also set as you mentioned but still I'm getting two pageviews, Do I need to focus on any other configs?

FYR:

DhanA2_0-1668343328471.png

DhanA2_1-1668343476593.png

Thanks for you help

Community Advisor

I haven't used the Web SDK, but I initially had a similar issue with the Mobile SDK... make sure that neither PageName or Page URL is being set on your actions... if either of these dimensions is set (via processing rules, or maybe being sent as part of the action) this will count as a page view

I have a few hit level eVars to hold the page name and URL on all hits (page views and actions) to store this info (it also allows me to have 255 character limit, as opposed to PageName's 100 character limit)

Level 3

@Jennifer_Dungan  Tried to by removing page name and URL but no luck if remove page name it still counting page view under "Other" .

thanks

Community Advisor

Can you show a similar screenshot but of your "webPageDetails" object in your XDM schema for both pageviews and link clicks?

Level 3

@yuhuisg  Please find the requested screenshot.

Pageload:

DhanA2_2-1668423400066.png

Interaction

DhanA2_3-1668423499548.png

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@DhanA2 Ideally, Adobe analytics looks at eventype to calculate whether it is a page view or link call. Can you confirm whether you are sending Target as well through edge ? In that case, there would be inflation to Pageviews because of the second Target call. You would need to create a custom event for the Page view call which you will be populating through processing rule. The processing rule will look at the eventype where eventype = web.webInteraction.Pageviews

If you have not implemented Target, then please feel free to raise a client care to look into this issue in detail. This needs detailed investigation to come up with the root cause