Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.

AEP Web SDK commerce.purchase event is being called multiple times

Level 2

Hello all,
I have added one rule for commerce.purchase event to collect the purchase order data from our adobe commerce website.
But in the debugger, we noticed that the event is being called multiple times that too with different/additional data, for example, both of the event calls has different value for currency - one has the default storefront currency and other one has custom data that I want to send.

If anyone can guide me how to overcome this issue, that would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Without being able to see this, or know how your tracking is set up, this is going to be difficult.

First I would start by using any extensions you can to try and see what is happening... the Cloud Debugger, Omnibug, Launch Switch (in Debug mode so you can see all the Launch Rules as they fire), etc

You could also in your QA/Dev environment add some custom code

console.log("x");

(adding something more meaningful than "x")

To try and see what is executing, and when, and what values could be set....

Basically this will be a thorough deep dive into your tracking to try and understand what is happening.

Good luck.

Community Advisor

What event(s) will trigger your Rule? Are they Direct Calls, Clicks, Page Bottom, ... something else?

Level 2

Hi,
I am using Adobe Client Data Layer - Data Pushed event with event/key name: place-order.
And in Actions I am using Adobe Experience Platform Web SDK - Send event with type commerce.purchases.

Community Advisor

It could be that your ACDL "place-order" push is happening more often than expected. Check with your developers on when they push this.