Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

AEM Insights(Asset Impressions and Clicks) data is not real time

Employee

Hi,

We have integrated AEM Insights to track the asset clicks and impressions from AEM. I can see the events are firing when I refresh the page with images and clicking the images which had links. But this data is not updating immediately on the analytics side. Is there any setting needs to be updated on the report suites to get real time data?

I am experiencing below error on some occasions. would like to know what could be the cause for this.

Uncaught TypeError: window.assetAnalytics.dispatcher.s.tl is not a function
    at pagetracker.js:314:72

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Analytics generally takes about an hour to show up in reporting... you could use one of your real time reports (Reports > Site Metrics > Real-Time  - I assume these will live through the Report subset and move to a new home)  to see data in real time. This report will allow you to see data for the last 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour or 2 hours; but it's also limited to general information (stuff that doesn't require a lot of processing).

I don't actually use the AEM Insights feature, so maybe someone in the AEM Community might be better off to help you (or client care), but that intermittent error doesn't look good... Is it totally random? Or does it happen more frequently on certain actions? Or many there is a cause>effect scenario, where there is something that happens on the base page that causes this issue when the click occurs?

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Analytics generally takes about an hour to show up in reporting... you could use one of your real time reports (Reports > Site Metrics > Real-Time  - I assume these will live through the Report subset and move to a new home)  to see data in real time. This report will allow you to see data for the last 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour or 2 hours; but it's also limited to general information (stuff that doesn't require a lot of processing).

I don't actually use the AEM Insights feature, so maybe someone in the AEM Community might be better off to help you (or client care), but that intermittent error doesn't look good... Is it totally random? Or does it happen more frequently on certain actions? Or many there is a cause>effect scenario, where there is something that happens on the base page that causes this issue when the click occurs?

Good luck!

Employee

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan ,

Thanks for the reply. I found that the JS console error is not happening when I hard reload the page. Does that mean its cache issue?

// Raja

Community Advisor

Well, hard refreshes can clear local cache... but I'm guessing that isn't a permanent fix? That the issue returns later, or on other pages?

I'm not terribly familiar with the AEM deployment process, or what type of caching is being used, but it seems like maybe local browser cache might be your culprit (and I'm assuming this is a new analytics deployment)... maybe you should talk to your devops team about the behaviour and see if they have suggestions?