Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Advertising Analytics

Level 2

Hi Everyone,

got a question regarding advertising analytics: We did the whole setup. Report Suite Configuration, Connection between Adobe Analytics and Google Ads, s_kwcid added to tracking template in Google Ads. And we get data. BUT somehow, no matter what we do we don´t get matching data between AMO Clicks and AMI ID Instances (screenshot).

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-10 um 09.24.21.png

Has anyone of you an idea what´s probably the reason for this? In my opinion the clicks (via API) have to match AMO ID Instances (Visits with s_kwcid attached to url).

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Linus,

I think this is likely because Clicks are captured by the ad platform while Instances are captured by Analytics. The discrepancy is driven from both sides as not all clicks may result in page load, and not all page loads may be tracked (due to slow website or ad blockers, for example).

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Linus,

I think this is likely because Clicks are captured by the ad platform while Instances are captured by Analytics. The discrepancy is driven from both sides as not all clicks may result in page load, and not all page loads may be tracked (due to slow website or ad blockers, for example).

Level 2

HI Andrey,

thanks for the feedback. I had the same thought but i was not sure because of the massively different ratio of Clicks per Impressions between keywords/s_kwcids.

Thank you,

Linus