Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Adobe success Event query

Level 2

Hi All,

I was going trough an article about event in Adobe Analytics

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/analytics/kb/comparing-event-types.html

I want to understand exactly what is the difference between two example

(For below I have configure button click tracking with below event value and click the button 6 times and can see the number for the event2 as 30)

// A counter event that counts multiple instances:
s.events="event2=5";

(For below I have configure button click tracking with below event value and click the button 5 times and can see the number for the event5 as 34)
// An incrementor event can be implemented one of two ways.

s.events="event5=6.75";

If both the configuration is increment the value for the events then what is the difference
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Avez,

Sorry, your question looks like "5x5=25 while 4x3=12, what is the difference?.."

Could you elaborate what you would like to understand about the events?

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Avez,

Sorry, your question looks like "5x5=25 while 4x3=12, what is the difference?.."

Could you elaborate what you would like to understand about the events?

Level 2

Hi Andrey

Thanks for reply

My bad I was not able to explain my query

I want to understand exactly what below statement means (highlighted in bold)

// A counter "event that counts multiple instances":
If I set s.event2=5 and click a button six times then what value event2 will have ? If event2 set on button click only

Level 10

So that it will be easier to understand, I will break it down:

s.events="event2"; //event2 will be incremented by 1
s.events="event2=5"; //event2 will be incremented by 5

If you set s.events="event2=5" on each click, after 6 clicks the total in the report will indicate 30.

Does it answer your question?

Level 2

Thanks Andrey for the reply

I have created new event variable of type incrementor and have set following value

s.events="event5=6"; event fires on button click . If I click button 5 times then as per my understanding the value for event5 will be 30

My query is even if I define the event as counter or incrementor  output is same.

I would like to understand what is the difference between both event definition (counter or incrementor ) if both having same output