Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe analytics website audit example

Level 4

Dear Team,

I am currently tasked with auditing a client's existing Adobe Analytics and Adobe Launch implementations. Could you please provide examples of audited websites along with a step-by-step guide?

Thank you.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hopefully you have good documentation... err... some documentation... umm any documentation....

Documentation is so critical to understanding what data to expect, on what pages / actions to expect it, as well as providing context into why something is being tracked the way it is... sadly, documentation is something a lot of companies are missing, and that will make your life so much harder.

Knowing what tools you can use to test is only half the battle...understanding the expected outcomes is the larger and harder part of this....

If you don't have documentation (I've had to take over a site that had none, so I've been there), I like to create a document as I a testing... what am I seeing on each page, what variations are happening when I am logged in or out, what permissions are on the account (i.e. subscription based sites, or different user types, etc).

I look at the name of the dimensions / metrics... does the behaviour match the name / description.

I check the expiries of the eVars, do those make sense... and is Launch set up in a way that makes sense in conjunction with those expiries (for example, something like campaign codes, those have a 7 day expiry, once they are set on the page view, they don't need to be re-set on the actions on the pages that have campaign parameters... this would inflate the instance of the campaigns, etc).

There will be a lot of exploratory investigation, you will end up going down multiple rabbit holes, and it will take time to do a proper and thorough job...

Good Luck

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Hi @priyankagupta20 

while I cannot share any slide decks with you, here are a few Google Sheets extensions which I typically use

• AEP Launch Inspector for a detailed view on your Launch library, including dependencies between rules and data elements. This can btw be done with any launch library, not just your own
  • ObservePoint Labs for an overview of your Analytics report suites. Only works with your web service credentials from Adobe Analytics. So different than the Launch inspector
    bjoern__koth_0-1721324545485.png
    bjoern__koth_1-1721324594550.png

This will give you an extremely good starting point for your analysis. The rest you will have to do on your own.

Hope that helps

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hopefully you have good documentation... err... some documentation... umm any documentation....

Documentation is so critical to understanding what data to expect, on what pages / actions to expect it, as well as providing context into why something is being tracked the way it is... sadly, documentation is something a lot of companies are missing, and that will make your life so much harder.

Knowing what tools you can use to test is only half the battle...understanding the expected outcomes is the larger and harder part of this....

If you don't have documentation (I've had to take over a site that had none, so I've been there), I like to create a document as I a testing... what am I seeing on each page, what variations are happening when I am logged in or out, what permissions are on the account (i.e. subscription based sites, or different user types, etc).

I look at the name of the dimensions / metrics... does the behaviour match the name / description.

I check the expiries of the eVars, do those make sense... and is Launch set up in a way that makes sense in conjunction with those expiries (for example, something like campaign codes, those have a 7 day expiry, once they are set on the page view, they don't need to be re-set on the actions on the pages that have campaign parameters... this would inflate the instance of the campaigns, etc).

There will be a lot of exploratory investigation, you will end up going down multiple rabbit holes, and it will take time to do a proper and thorough job...

Good Luck

Level 9

What's surely also important is: ask your stakeholders!

They can already give you a ton of background and stories on their daily struggle with the data.

This will likely also already give you a priorization on which order things should be tackled in later.

There is no shame in asking, and I have never received negative feedback.

Involving the people who are dealing with the systems you are supposed to audit gives them a feeling that you do care about their needs and you will be amazed how supportive they will be to point out their pain points.

Community Advisor

Adobe also has an Analytics Health Dashboard Excel tool that might help:  http://adobe.ly/aahealth