Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Adobe Analytics Usage logs

Level 2

Hi Community,

I'm trying to understand how many segments are available and how many of them are being actively used in the Projects/Workspace reports.
In the Usage Logs, i could see "Segment ID" and "Project ID", is there a way where we can link both.
This will help us to do the following:
1. To delete segments which are not used in any of the Projects/Reports

2. To identify reports/Segments which are not actively in use and then take decision to delete/keep

3. Helps to Govern all the assets built in AA.

All suggestions are welcome, Thanks in advance  

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Employee

Hey @BalrajPitlola Have you tried using - Used in columns in the segment manager? Here's the link - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/segmentation-workflow/s...

It basically shows how many components the segment is currently being used in.

For example, if the segment is being used in 40 projects and 2 alerts, then the value of this column shows as 42 components.

Select the value in this column to see the breakdown of where the segment is being used (for example, Projects (40), Alerts (2)).

Level 2

Hi @fhusain ,

I don't have option of "USED IN" in segment manager. i could see only below options. Also is there any way to automate the export of this data instead of selecting each segment and exporting it manually?

BalrajPitlola_0-1716276905387.png

Thank you

Employee

Can you please confirm if you're a product admin? For automation, I think you explore the segment API but it doesn't return where it is being used.

Level 2

I'm not a product admin, coming back to the actual questions "Is there a way where we can link Project and Segments used in it" ? I'm able to export usage logs, however there is no common variable by which i can join/link both.

Employee

I'm afraid, this approach won't work. Product Admin can utilize the used-in column functionality to understand where the component is being used. I don't think based on the usage logs it would be feasible.

Level 2

@fhusain  Thank you for your guidance, understood the limitations. Will see if there is any other work-around. If you think any other resources would be helpful for me please share...