Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics data feed via adobe datawarehouse and datafeed

Level 2

Hello,

I am working as a Data Analyst using Adobe Analytics and have some questions.

I need to pull large dataset to extract, load and transform (ELT) and then load it to Tableau Server.

Options I have:

1. Report builder

Limitation: Too slow for huge data

2. Datawarehouse:

Limitation: Doesnt  support calculated metrics!

3. Data feed:

- Need to know if it can feed data to tableau server?

- Need to know whether it supports calculated metrics?

Thanks

Ahmed

contact.ahmedmukhtar@gmail.com

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Ahmed,

Below are my comments:

Report builder: Use this only if you want to feed small amount data.

Data warehouse: This is the option I would recommend if your data is not live streaming. Calculated Metrics can be extracted via ETL process but the gap is that pathing metrics (entries, exits, bounces, etc) are not available in data warehouse.

So if you need pathing metrics, you should go with data feed.

Datafeed: This is most robust way of data extraction. Data feed is the just raw variables in a Server Call and you have to calculate all the metrics(Including calculated metrics) manually through ETL. Below the link on how the calculation is done : Calculating Metrics. I am not sure whether ETL will do everything in a perfect way.

Also, if you are planning to integrate Tablaeu with Adobe Reports and Analytics, can you check the connector Cognetik : https://www.cognetik.com/cloud-tableau-connector. It is free tool with limited capabilities. If needed, you can check for premium version.

Thank You

Arun

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Dear Ahmed,

Below are my comments:

Report builder: Use this only if you want to feed small amount data.

Data warehouse: This is the option I would recommend if your data is not live streaming. Calculated Metrics can be extracted via ETL process but the gap is that pathing metrics (entries, exits, bounces, etc) are not available in data warehouse.

So if you need pathing metrics, you should go with data feed.

Datafeed: This is most robust way of data extraction. Data feed is the just raw variables in a Server Call and you have to calculate all the metrics(Including calculated metrics) manually through ETL. Below the link on how the calculation is done : Calculating Metrics. I am not sure whether ETL will do everything in a perfect way.

Also, if you are planning to integrate Tablaeu with Adobe Reports and Analytics, can you check the connector Cognetik : https://www.cognetik.com/cloud-tableau-connector. It is free tool with limited capabilities. If needed, you can check for premium version.

Thank You

Arun

Level 1

Thank you Pratheep, Really Appreciate!

I am going to try Tableau connector for sure!!

Thanks

Level 1

Can you explain it further please?

"Calculated Metrics can be extracted via ETL process"

What kind of ETL process would that be?

Community Advisor

Dear Ahmed,

I am not proficient on ETL but we have done it using SAS and then uploaded into Tableau.

Thank You

Arun