Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe analytics data change

Level 1

Hello,

I'm new to adobe analytics, and started playing with the attribution windows.

I'm finding that some of the visits and revenue columns are changing after a couple of days.

2019-05-01 screenshot.png

this was the data on the first of May.

5.PNG

the same data had changed when I looked the next day.

When I look at the details for this certain parameter, we see some items get put in the wrong category, but after three days this would get corrected.

One of the analytics users checked, and there wasn't any changes in the administrator levels to this certain table that we are using.

From what I understand, attribution should correct it self after 24 hours, not 3 days.

What might be causing this delay, or the conversion numbers getting changed?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Richard,

The time required to process a classification data file varies on the size of the file and the current number of files already being processed by Adobe’s servers. Processing of data files usually takes no longer than 72 hours.

Reference : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/c_uploading_saint_data_files_via_ftp.html

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Richard,

Form the table, I can understand that the dimensions you have selected were Classifications.

Verify whether you have updated any Classification Rules or whether you have added the current date(Today) to the report. Usually classification takes 24 hours to classify so, at some case they qualify under Unspecified and later under proper classification value.

Thank You!

Arun

Level 1

Hello Arun.

Thanks for the clarification.

When I pulled the report, I did have the current date in the report. However, I was seeing changes on data from the 28th of April, when I pulled the data on May 1.

We are seeing data that was qualified under "Unspecified" are changing when we pull data from 3 days ago. From your comment, shouldn't this only be 24 hours instead of 3 days? I am seeing data from the 4th of May change when I pull this data today (7th of May) every time I refresh the data

Thanks,

Community Advisor

Dear Richard,

That should not be the case.

Let's wait for some other expert to revert, else you can reach Customer Care to understand the latency and share the experience with everyone here for knowledge.

Thank You!

Arun

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Richard,

The time required to process a classification data file varies on the size of the file and the current number of files already being processed by Adobe’s servers. Processing of data files usually takes no longer than 72 hours.

Reference : https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/reference/c_uploading_saint_data_files_via_ftp.html