Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics Classifications (user rights)

Level 3

In Adobe Analytics can regular users add classifications?

If so, what rights need to be added to the users account?

It seems that adding classifications is reserved only from Admins.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ishans52004352,

When a user has permissions to "Report Suite Tools > Report Suite Mgmt" and "Report Suite Tools > Classifications", they are able to configure Classifications, Import/Export them, and Manage Classification Rules. This does not require to be a product admin.

However, there is a security issue that presumably is not widely known (or is not considered an issue by the product team) — the user gets access to all report suites in the Classification Importer and Classification Rule Builder.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 10

Admin rights are not necessary, just the Classifications permission should be enough. Review this article for more detail.

Employee Advisor

Hi @Andrey_Osadchuk ,

If the question is around accessing Classifications in the report suite settings, that's possible by a non-Admin user. However, it's not possible to access Classification Importer/Rule-Builder by a non-Admin - that's my understanding, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!

Level 4

If a user is not admin, he needs to be part of product profile which has access to classification under report suite settings tool.

https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/analytics/admin/admin-console/permissions/report-suite-tools....

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi ishans52004352,

When a user has permissions to "Report Suite Tools > Report Suite Mgmt" and "Report Suite Tools > Classifications", they are able to configure Classifications, Import/Export them, and Manage Classification Rules. This does not require to be a product admin.

However, there is a security issue that presumably is not widely known (or is not considered an issue by the product team) — the user gets access to all report suites in the Classification Importer and Classification Rule Builder.

Level 6

@Andrey_Osadchuk, several times I've mentioned permission-related bugs/issues, they claim is was designed that way.... do you get similar responses?

Level 6

Hi @erichami,

I have tried testing your scenario by creating a new product profile with access to the report suite followed by the permission as shown below.

kainth_1-1597301193638.png

You can try creating the product profile with similar permissions as well. Also, I can confirm that to access the Classification Importer & Classification Rule Builder, you will not need to provide Analytics Product Admin access to the users.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhinav