Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adobe Analytics API 2.0 to create/update Workspace Projects?

Level 2

Hello Community

I was hoping some of you might be able to help me.  I've been trying to teach myself the Adobe Analytic API 2.0 solution using Postman.  Thus far I've been able to 

- create segments

- create calculate metrics

- transfer calculated metrics between users

- transfer existing analysis workspace projects between users

- and update basic analysis workspace info, like project name and description

However i can't seem to figure out how create or even update workspace project panels.  For examply say there is an existing table in the project and I wanted to change the metric from 'occurrences' to 'page views'.  Or better yet, I want to insert a 'text' panel that describes the purpose of the workspace project.

The company I work for is a partner of Adobe and i'm trying to build out a solution that I can take from one client to next.  Once you get past the 'authentication' for each client, the API segment, calculated metric and project creation solution should be portable across clients.  Hence the reason for my questions.

I know analysis workspace has the oberon debugger and it's suppose to let you see the JSON that generated the data, but oberon code doesn't include enough information to create that same table in another project via the API or even update the current table.  If I were a betting man, I'd say that oberon debugger is meant to help users extract data from adobe, not to update the reports within workspace.

I also know that I can use my browser's console to see the Workspace api request and see what information and what format is being used when the project is saved.  However, when I try to backwards engineer that in Postman I keep getting "an error in processing your request" message.  As I said, I can change the name of the project but as soon as I try to change the 'definition' of the project panels I get the above mentioned error message.

Has anyone used the Adobe Analytics API to create a new panel and new table in an existing workspace project?  If so, would you be willing to share some code examples so I could try to learn what techniques / formats you had to use to get the solution to work?

Alternatively, does anyone know of any Adobe API training that I might be able to attend to walk me through scenarios like this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for chiming in here, but I actually figured out a solution using the API.  

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

As of now, Adobe Analytics does not have APIs to create/edit Workspace panels. Adobe Analytics 2.0 is a reporting API. 

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks for chiming in here, but I actually figured out a solution using the API.  

Level 4

Hey @jlinhardt  - It would be great if you can share the solution here so everyone can benefit from it, thanks !