Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Adding forecast as a metric calculation

Level 2

I try to make the following forecast trend using static number and Day as a filter:

mndz1992_0-1634568131014.png

When I try to draw this metrics on a visual it sum both number on ever day. How can I make a statical forecast trend with different numbers for each day?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ok thanks for clarifying further. The main challenge here is user data on revenue is usually attributed at time of purchase via product/revenue data capture.

You almost would need a 3rd party powerBI like way to do this data insertion and comparison.

From what I see likely easiest way to go export data results, use excel to make graphs. APi insertion is possible but that leads to alot of work in other areas.

good luck

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Dont understand the logic here completely but I assume you are trying to create a metric whereby you trend against a future target number vs present day?

Not sure this is exactly what you are after but, if you created a calculated metric against a Dimension KPI.

In this case metric is pageviews x exp % change of 15 % increase.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 12.21.27 PM.png

Then you add 2nd calculated dimension vs reg dimension to see deltas.

Good luck

Level 2

Hello! First of all, thank you for your reply.

What I need is the following. We are going to launch a Paid Media campaign and I have a revenue forecast type:
Day 1 - 100
Day 2 - 70
Day 3 - 65
Day 4 - 120
Day 5 - 90

What I want is to be able to plot this trend on a graph so that I can compare it with the actual result, type:

mndz1992_0-1634628052412.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

ok thanks for clarifying further. The main challenge here is user data on revenue is usually attributed at time of purchase via product/revenue data capture.

You almost would need a 3rd party powerBI like way to do this data insertion and comparison.

From what I see likely easiest way to go export data results, use excel to make graphs. APi insertion is possible but that leads to alot of work in other areas.

good luck