Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us at Adobe Summit 2024 for the Coffee Break Q&A Live series, a unique opportunity to network with and learn from expert users, the Adobe product team, and Adobe partners in a small group, 30 minute AMA conversations.
SOLVED

Ad Hoc - Segments Disappear When Selecting

Level 2

Wondering why segments disappear when I try to select them?

So far this has happened me at least 3 times yesterday and twice today already ( and many times in the past). When selecting a segment I built  in the Table Builder in Ad Hoc ( to open/change), they disappear.  It would be like I've clicked the "x" to remove them. This seems to be happening with more frequency and it deletes the segment I am trying to work on forcing me to re-create. This also ties into a larger questions as to why there isn't a confirmation layer to "close" out anything in Ad Hoc. I can accidentally delete ( or in the case with the segments they just delete themselves), metrics, dimension, even workspace with the "x" and don't get a confirmation prompt where I can choose to delete or cancel and not lose the data. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Corey,

While deleting a segment you should always be getting the prompt, and if that is not the case would be an issue, however I would suggest you to try clearing your java cache which sometime cause wired behavior, and launch, also if the issue persist.

Is there any specific thing you are seeing in the segment you are reporting? Also is it just you or anyone else has also experiencing the issue in your Org.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Corey,

While deleting a segment you should always be getting the prompt, and if that is not the case would be an issue, however I would suggest you to try clearing your java cache which sometime cause wired behavior, and launch, also if the issue persist.

Is there any specific thing you are seeing in the segment you are reporting? Also is it just you or anyone else has also experiencing the issue in your Org.

Let me know if the issue persist.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma

Level 2

There is a dialogue to confirm if I try to right click and delete anything  from the side menu , however if I click an "x" on the segment, metrics, or dimensions in the table builder, or the "x" on the Workspace or Report tabs I can close without any prompt. This holds true for my colleagues as well. They also have the same issue where sometimes they will select a segment in the table builder and it will disappear even though the "x" was not clicked. 

Employee Advisor

Corey,

I think this needs some investigation, can you please open a issue with ClientCare and they would take a look at it for further investigation.

Regards,

Ankit Sharma