Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!
SOLVED

Ad hoc analysis conversion variable allocation

Level 6

Hi - this extract is taken from the online documentation: “Ad Hoc Analysis has the unique ability to report different allocations for conversion variables: the default allocation, last allocation, and linear allocation. If Ad Hoc Analysis is your organization's primary reporting tool, having all conversion variables set to first allocation gives you all available allocation values.”

However when I view First touch evar with linear, participation, recent and the default allocation - all values are the same (see attached) which is contrary to the documentation unless I'm misinterpreting it somehow. Client care seemed to think this is correct behavior, whereas I'm more inclined to think the documentation is incorrect. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's kind of difficult to troubleshoot the issue without having access to the workbook in question, but the first thing that comes to mind here is the potential of using a segment. Is the report screenshot as basic as it gets with the eVar and 4 metrics, or are there additional things to consider like breakdowns or segments?

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

It's kind of difficult to troubleshoot the issue without having access to the workbook in question, but the first thing that comes to mind here is the potential of using a segment. Is the report screenshot as basic as it gets with the eVar and 4 metrics, or are there additional things to consider like breakdowns or segments?