We have Analytics, but do not have Activity Map implemented. Implementing it seems like a no-brainer, but I want to know if there are any reasons NOT to implement.
- Does it use any server calls? From what I read, this is a no.
- Does it cost anything? Again, I think this is a no.
- Does it delay any site activity for our visitors? Or delay any Analytics calls?
- Is future implementation/tagging affected once Activity Map is loaded?
Please let me know if there are any other considerations.
Hope you are doing well!
Activity Map might unintentionally capture PII data from web properties. Please take a detailed look here: https://www.digitalbalance.com.au/our-blog/is-adobe-activity-map-capturing-my-customers-pii-personal...
Hi Activity map will give you more advantages than disadvantages:
- no extra server calls
- give you UX info on metric of link interactions on page
- allows a sort of click heat map
- allows you to look at link interactions real time
- can capture PII info you may not have expected(relating to any info on a link)
- some SPAs single page apps have troubles with capturing the link info so sometimes need to modify code to make it work or use a separate custom link call.