Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

A scheduled report failed to send. Is there a way to see what happened

Level 2

A scheduled report failed to send.  Is there a way to see what happened?  The request ID is: 26464033

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Esther, 

Is your scheduled report sent on FTP or on email? 

Possible reason if sent to FTP - FTP space is full as it is limited to 2 GB

Possible reason if sent to email - Attachment size is higher than the limit or firewall has blocked the email address

Regards,

Tanmay

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Esther, 

Is your scheduled report sent on FTP or on email? 

Possible reason if sent to FTP - FTP space is full as it is limited to 2 GB

Possible reason if sent to email - Attachment size is higher than the limit or firewall has blocked the email address

Regards,

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

I am using FTP.  Is the 2 GB limit on the Adobe side or the FTP side?  

As an example, the last time it failed the issue was because Adobe renames the file after it is initially posted and the FTP we were sending to did not allow that.  However, the error message did not indicate this at all.  Is there a way to get details about what happened when there is a failure?

Esther

Level 10

Hi,

If you are having an Adobe FTP it has a storage limit of 2 GB. You would have to flush out old files to keep space available. There are some other reasons as well which you would find in this document - https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/kb/en_US/analytics/kb/scheduled-reports-fallback-to-email...

I could look into your request from backend and see what happened. Meanwhile I would recommend setting up a new request to save up time. Thanks!

Let me know if this helps.

Tanmay

Level 2

Hi Tanmay,

Unfortunately, this article was not helpful.  We have not reached the storage limit on the FTP site.  

I have created several requests and they have all failed, but I do not have any insight as to why.  I would like to understand why it failed so I can correct it.

Esther

Level 2

Can you provide me with the source IP address where the exports come from so we can look the request up on our side?

Thanks,

Esther

Level 10

Hi Esther,

Please send me Direct Message with a sample scheduled report ID which failed, Your company name, report suite and data center. I would try to have a look from the backend and see what is happening.

Thanks!

Tanmay