Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Leo Lau] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Leo Lau (aka @leocwlau), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Developer Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E209)through to the end of the program. 

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Leo @leocwlau

1. mroshyn
  2. Sachin baghel
  3. SayyamDh 
  4. gaman837 
  5. anithak9917702
  6. AnkanDeb
  7. EstebanBustamante

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Leo (@leocwlau), and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Leo and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Analytics Developer Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E209)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all! My name is Esteban, and I'm currently based in Latin America. With several years of experience as an AEM Architect, I am excited to expand my knowledge into the world of analytics. While I've completed a few integrations with Analytics in the past, my goal is to deepen my understanding of Analytics as part of this program and to adhere to best practices. Although passing the exam is a bonus, my primary focus is on mastering the subject.

On a personal note, I’m also a full-time father to two little ones, which keeps me busy and leaves little time for anything beyond tech!

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hi Esteban, nice to e-meet with you and interested in seeing an AEM Architect as an aspirant for AA. As you already completed a few integrations for AEM with Analytics, bet you already know AA quite a bit, hoping you can deepen your understanding of Analytics through this journey and get the bonus.

Community Advisor

Hi mroshyn, Sachin baghel, SayyamDhgaman837, anithak9917702, AnkanDeb,

Nice to e-meet with all of you, please help me to know you a bit more as Sean mentioned with your experience in Adobe Analytics, location, and org/company. And most important, shoot me with your questions.

My little intro first, I have 13 years of experience in Adobe Analytics and other Adobe Experience Cloud solutions, for insurance companies in Asia, implemented and supported Adobe Analytics in about 200 different digital properties (I lost count) for websites, and native/hybrid apps.

Community Advisor

Question: Regarding Opt-in, does this seem ok to you? 

EstebanBustamante_0-1722363110803.png

This would be my reasoning, but I am not sure if it is true:

Requirement Solutions Impact
First-party measurement is okay to collect in pre-consent state. All other types of data usage prevented until consent is received. Use Opt-in to enable Analytics + ECID libraries in pre-consent state. Add the ‘disablethirdpartycookies’ config to ECID library to block 3rd party cookie + ID syncs in pre-consent state Adobe Demdex call will trigger for ECID retrieval but no Demdex cookie, other third-party cookie or ID syncs will NOT  be present.
First-party measurement plus targeting is acceptable in a pre-consent state. All other types of data usage prevented until consent is received. Use Opt-in to enable Analytics + ECID + Target libraries in pre-consent state.

Add the isablethirdpartycookies config to ECID library to block third-party cookie + ID syncs in pre-consent state. Remove flag in post-consent state.
Adobe Demdex call will trigger for ECID retrieval but no Demdex cookie, other 3rd party cookie or ID syncs will be present.

Keeps consistent visitor in pre-/post- consent state for first-party solutions. Collection in pre-consent state will be tied to post-consent data collection.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/id-service/using/implementation/opt-in-service/use-cases 

Let me know your thoughts @leocwlau 

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hi @EstebanBustamante , yes and it looks like a good call out on a documentation issue.

Hi @seanrobinson , maybe you can notify the documentation team as highlighted by Esteban.

Administrator

I'll ask around and see. I know there's already been a few issues with old information in some of the study guide, so identifying the issues like this is really helpful.

Community Advisor

Hi mroshyn, Sachin baghel, SayyamDh , gaman837 , anithak9917702, AnkanDeb, EstebanBustamante,

As the goal is to pass the Adobe Analytics Developer Expert Certification, it is important to know what the exam covers. You can find the information below on the certification page, but let me post it here for reference as they will also be the topics we will cover in this program. Besides, you can also find an Exam Prep Guide prepared by Adobe, which could serve as a good reference for the study.

Section 1: Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem (10%)

• Demonstrate knowledge on utilizing the Adobe Experience Cloud ID
  • Demonstrate understanding of Adobe Launch
  • Demonstrate understanding of common integrations across the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

Section 2: Strategy and design based on a solution design reference (SDR) (6%)

• Interpret a Solution Design Reference to develop efficient code for data capture
  • Use the Tech Spec for populating data objects

Section 3: Analytics Implementation and Configuration (36%)

• Determine which environment to deploy Adobe Analytics Code
  • Execute a minimal deployment code for Analytics tracking
  • Configure various components within Adobe Analytics UI
  • Configure Adobe Analytics report suite and variable settings
  • Utilize a data layer within a deployment
  • Execute advanced tracking features such as link tracking and product strings

Section 4: Tag management systems (20%)

• Enumerate requirements to deploy Adobe Experience Platform Launch in Adobe Analytics
  • Apply processes to configure website tagging with Adobe Launch
  • Enumerate requirements to enable extensions and Adobe Launch
  • Create rules and data elements

Section 5: Mobile services (8%)

• Apply processes to configure and execute a base pre-deployment code for mobile
  • Demonstrate understanding of processing rules and mobile services

Section 6: Testing, validation, and troubleshooting (20%)

• Troubleshoot JavaScript errors
  • Troubleshoot Adobe Analytics variables
  • Recommend testing and debugging best practices
  • Troubleshoot an Adobe Analytics server call across its lifecycle (that is, from beacon request to showing up in the report)

Community Advisor

I hope all of you are doing well and already completed Section 1 "Understanding Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem" and Section 2 "Strategy and design based on a solution design reference" of the exam prep guide, and already working on Section 3 "Analytics Implementation and Configuration" aiming for clearing certification by the end of the program.

Section 3 is the heaviest section contributing 36% of the exam and the core of the implementation. For some "overview" references in the exam prep guide, do not on the overview pages and go down to some of the detail pages, such as page variables and configuration variables, you need to go through and know about all variables.

Please post and ask if you have any questions about those materials in Section 3.

Community Advisor

Question: I hope this isn’t off-topic, and I’m fine with an opinion-based answer. I’m curious about the specific duties of an Analytics Developer compared to those of an Analytics Architect. My question arises from the following text:

EstebanBustamante_0-1723642248622.png

My understanding is that an Adobe Analytics Developer typically does not handle the SDR; this task is usually performed by a Technical Architect (TA). Instead, the Analytics Developer is responsible for setting up eVars and props in the Tag Management System(Launch most likely). Any necessary JavaScript code on the page would generally be managed by a Web Developer, such as an AEM Developer.

What are your thoughts or experiences regarding how these roles are generally assigned in a real project?

Thanks @leocwlau 

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

Hi @EstebanBustamante,

No worries and happy to share my view, and can vary a bit from organization to organization depending on the size and structure.

Aligning to the roles per Adobe certification in Analytics, there are three roles: Architect, Developer, and Business Practitioner.

The architect is a super existence as a know-it-all on Adobe Analytics. He/she should know all about data collection, processing, reporting, administration on Adobe Analytics, and administration on Experience Cloud related to Analytics; Also translate business requirements/questions to analytics requirements/questions, and help developers and business practitioners to do so. There is also something that should happen once and is very foundational in Adobe Analytics that should be the responsibility of the Architect, such as report suite structure and the standardization on evar/prop/event usage.

Develops can do anything as simple as only Adobe Launch configurations to all things covered by the Architect, including SDR, but under the Architect's supervision, due to experience. However, developers are focusing on the implementation as mentioned in the minimum experience and also covered in the exam prep guide, instead of reporting and consuming the data collected.

On the other hand, business practitioners are focusing on reporting and data consumption, skillful and perfect business practitioners can translate business questions into analytics questions, and then get the answer directly from Adobe Analytics without help from the Architect. Some understanding of how data is collected and managed could help with the reporting but not their jobs.

Any JavaScript modifications on the website are not part of the responsibilities of Architects, Developers, and Business Practitioners, and they should have no access to do so.

Community Advisor

This is a great explanation, pretty useful. Thanks @leocwlau 

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

I hope all of you are doing well and making progress on the study to prepare for the exam. You should be heading to section 4 "Tag management systems" about the Adobe Launch activities which are the major part of an Adobe Analytics Developer's daily job, and please also study section 5 "Mobile services" together which is about native mobile app tracking. An Adobe Analytics Developer could not do the mobile app tracking implementation in general, as that requires coding skills in the mobile app, but knowing how to track in a mobile app can enable the Adobe Analytics Developer to effectively discuss with the mobile app developer to instruct them on the tracking implementation.

Moreover, Adobe is offering 50% off voucher to actively engaged aspirants for the certification, please fill in the form to apply.