Expand my Community achievements bar.

Webinar: Adobe Customer Journey Analytics Product Innovations: A Quarterly Overview. Come learn for the Adobe Analytics Product team who will be covering AJO reporting, Graph-based Stitching, guided analysis for CJA, and more!

[Mentor Jennifer Dungan] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Jennifer Dungan (aka @Jennifer_Dungan), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E212)through to the end of the program. 

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Jennifer, @Jennifer_Dungan

1. TanuTiwari
  2. Abhishek_Dubey
  3. BhudevSahu
  4. Venky5080
  5. AndrewEv1
  6. shourya verma
  7. seanrobinson
  8. agajadhar
  9. diana_choksey

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Jennifer, @Jennifer_Dungan and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Jennifer and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E212)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

67 Replies

Community Advisor

I would say Section 3 as well, since that is about Calculated Metrics. I can't imagine that the exam will go this in depth... but we can dig into this just in case.

Community Advisor

Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (9%)

Reply to this thread directly with questions, concerns, or discussion points relative to section 4.

--------------------------

Like Section 3 this section appears to be straight forward, of course, I am sure we will have some good discussions as we start to dig into the details of this.

Level 3

Thanks so much @Jennifer_Dungan. I have created a doodle for anyone who'd like to join. 

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/bqD7LMra 

Including you both, @Tanu_Tiwari @Abhishek_Dubey, since you liked the post. Please fill out the doodle if you are interested and I can schedule a zoom call with Jennifer and post the meeting link here. We can also record the meeting a post a link, if that is agreeable to the attendees. 

Best,
Diana

Level 3

@Jennifer_Dungan  @Tanu_Tiwari 
Hi All, 
Thanks so much for joining me! Below is the Zoom Link and Meeting Details. See you all tomorrow 8/21 at 2pm (PT).
Looking forward to seeing you all! 
----
Topic:
Calculated Metrics Deep Dive
Time: Aug 21, 2024, 02 PM PT (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://harvard-2u-com.zoom.us/j/95715395421 

Meeting ID: 957 1539 5421

---

One tap mobile
+12532158782,,95715395421# US (Tacoma)
+12532050468,,95715395421# US

---

Dial by your location
• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
• +1 253 205 0468 US
• +1 719 359 4580 US
• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
• +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
• +1 669 444 9171 US
• +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
• +1 360 209 5623 US
• +1 386 347 5053 US
• +1 507 473 4847 US
• +1 564 217 2000 US
• +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
• +1 646 931 3860 US
• +1 689 278 1000 US
• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
• +1 305 224 1968 US
• +1 309 205 3325 US

Meeting ID: 957 1539 5421

Find your local number: https://harvard-2u-com.zoom.us/u/adiPzPnBKx

https://harvard-2u-com.zoom.us/j/95715395421

Community Advisor

Quiz 1: Which of these report would help you see users (group of users) sharing common characteristics over a specified period?

A. Fallout
B. Flow report
C. Cohort Analysis
D. Segment Comparison

Post your reply with answers as A,B,C or D.

Bonus thought exercise, explain your answer and why (this won't be a part of certification, but it helps with building a knowledge base for the tools).

Level 3

B. Cohort Analysis

Helps group users by certain characteristics like users on product trial and the gradient color formatting helps spot trends in the data. Can be very useful in making campaign special promotion decisions.

Level 3

C. Cohort Analysis -- for e.g. you can create cohorts of customers who made a purchase after they clicked through from paid search and compare them with customers who made a purchase after clicking through from a social media post. The comparison could allow for an understanding which channels are more effective in driving conversions. 

Level 2

Sadly I was away for 2 weeks and was able to actively contribute.. However to answer the above quiz (although the answer has been already identified) it is cohort analysis

Level 3

My name is Diana Choksey, and I am based in Seattle, Washington. Currently, I work as an independent marketing consultant, specializing in leveraging data and research to create and execute effective marketing strategies for small businesses. My journey in marketing, technology, and analytics spans over a decade, with experience at organizations like Microsoft, Disney, and Razorfish. Through my career, I’ve had the privilege of working with clients such as Best Buy, Weight Watchers, Tempur-Pedic, and more, helping them achieve their marketing goals through innovative and data-driven approaches.

In 2023, I graduated with distinction from Harvard University's Business Analytics Program. This experience significantly honed my skills in data analysis, optimization, and digital transformation, providing me with the tools to innovate in today’s data-centric world.

My interest in Adobe Analytics stems from my passion for integrating technology and data to optimize marketing efforts. I have been particularly focused on enhancing customer experiences and improving ROI by deploying cross-channel analytics and developing customer personas. I’m eager to learn more and share insights with all of you as we explore the vast capabilities of Adobe Analytics together.

I'm a little late with the introductions and joining this cohort; however, I’m looking forward to jumping in and connecting with each of you and learning from our collective experiences as we navigate this journey together.

Community Advisor

Welcome to the program @diana_choksey , also, no worries on being late, you know what they say "better late than never".

We have several weeks together and I want people to feel comfortable learning at their own speed. 

Level 3

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan hope you had a wonderful weekend.

I was looking into registering for the exam and went through the learning platform - https://learning.adobe.com/certification.html#register-item-f9fe2571be-tab

There it only shows me the Adobe Qualified: Adobe Analytics Data Analyst Credential which costs $225.

Then on other help article I found this platform where it allows me to register for the Business Practitioner credential and costs $125 - https://www.certmetrics.com/adobe/

Do you mind explaining the difference between the two and why the cost difference? Just want to make sure I am taking the right exam. Thank you.

Community Advisor

Hi @Tanu_Tiwari I did have a good weekend, I hope you did as well.

While I can't speak to why certain certifications cost more than others, I can say that this Mentorship program is aimed at "Business Practitioner".

However, you should wait to book your exam, as at the end of the program it's my understanding that there will be voucher codes provided to active members, which will certainly help to offset the cost of certification. (Though, I believe the voucher could in theory be used for any certification, I don't think it's coded to which mentorship program you are a part of).

I believe the difference between the courses may be that this course is aimed a high level understanding (as in someone from business being able to log in and use and read the reports, and maybe build their own basic reports), whereas the Analyst certification is aimed more at someone who will be building reports every day...

I am not sure because I don't have access to the course material for the other certifications.

Level 3

Ah okay, thank you, @Jennifer_Dungan . Also, you said that at the end of this program there will be voucher codes provided. When does the program end? What I understood from Sean's message was that we need to clear the exam by September 4th. Do you mean that we take the exam after September 4th then and that is the end of program deadline and not the deadline to clear the exam? Thank you.

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.

Community Advisor

The program ends on Sept 4th... 

I think that means that the aspirants need to participate in the program during this time to be eligible for the voucher... not that you have to complete your certification by that time.

Last year, they gave the vouchers at the start, and many people didn't bother participating in the discussions... they didn't want a repeat of that.

Once you pass the certification, you don't really need the group... so it would be weird to require you to pass the cert before the program completes... 

Level 3

** Spoiler Alert: Please ignore this if you haven't yet taken the Practice Exam."

Hi @Jennifer_Dungan
Hope this note finds you well I just took the practice exam and had a question about one of the questions.  

diana_choksey_0-1724094622240.png

I'm not sure why props are different from eVars here, except for that they aren't persistent, and this seems like every search should be treated as its own and reset when a new search is conducted. I did read though that "Adobe recommends using eVars as they fulfill almost all use cases for props." What are some use cases that eVars do not currently fulfill? 

Thanks much in advance!
Diana

Community Advisor

Honestly, you are going to find some wonky answers like that.... 

In all honesty, I can see all three being valuable (and correct).

So technically speaking, this is a detail page; and it only needs Hit Attribution... but an eVar set to a Hit expiry would be just as valid... I think a lot of these questions go back to the old days when "props" were "Traffic Variables" and "eVars" were only used for "Conversion Variables"....

Now, you might be thinking... did she say "all three"... indeed I did....Now, this is something I wouldn't expect on a test, or for the limitation of a test to understand, but I might be tempted to track all my "postings" using s.products... so that I can correlated ALL the postings returned in a search result, with their specific values (i.e. Merchandising eVars), then use the same products notation with different events on the detail page. Then I could also correlate "conversion syntax" variables collected on the search to the "Apply Now" action... 

This is the problem with blanket multiple choice... there is little room for alternative thinking, even when the answer can be perfectly legitimate... but there is no place to explain your answer and justify it...  but that is hard with a fully automated system... 

Level 3

@Jennifer_Dungan  I have some more questions specific to the Practice exam, could we get on a call to go over please or should I post them here in this forum? 

Thanks so much in advance!