Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Is there an automated approach to page tagging?

Level 2

Recently I was copied on some email reports coming out of Adobe Analytics.   Very simple:  hits per day and browser type.   I asked for additional detail and my contact said it was too much trouble to instrument every link on every page, so they just tagged the top level menu items.   But then same contact was interested in knowing more about the paths taken through the site.

So I think we need to change the level of instrumentation on our pages in order to get some good activity maps or path reports.  The site is just a standard B2C portal hosted on Microsoft IIS; it's not AEM.

Curious about the best practice for instrumenting HTML, and if there is any automation available.  I reviewed the documentation for Dynamic Tag Management and that does not seem to be related to the effort of tagging the pages.

Would be very grateful to get some feedback on the best way to do this, particularly if there is some automation.

Jeff

3 Replies

Level 3

Hi Jeff,

I think you can use DTM to set page load rule and embed Adobe Analytics page tracking code.

Then modify Adobe Analytics page tracking code using javascript by url.

That will be well.

Level 4

Hi,

Have you tried activating Activity Map and see if the data meets your needs?

Level 2

I think what you mean here is to track various button, anchors, li, span clicks on a webpage and use the same data to understand user paths (Pathing). I believe this can be achieved using Event based rules (DTM) to track user clicks and capture the same in an prop (pathing enabled). Let me know if this answers your question.