Expand my Community achievements bar.

☕‌📊‌[Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break] 12/15/21, 8am PT: Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics and Data Science📊‌☕

Administrator

Join us for our first Adobe Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, December 15th, 2021 @ 8am PT -  9am PT

Be sure to MARK YOUR CALENDARS with a link to this thread

We'll be joined by Eric Matisoff, aka @EricMatisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics and Data Science, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Analytics Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Analytics questions pertaining to his focus areas:

• Using Analysis Workspace
  • Applying features and functional needs
  • Analytics Tips and Tricks
  • Implementation
  • Web SDK

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Analytics
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Analytics Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @EricMatisoff 
  • When exchanging messages with Eric about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Eric

**Mark Your Calendars: Be sure to mark your calendars with a reminder to log in here to the Community on 12/15/21 @ 8am PT > from there, all you need to do is hop onto this thread and post your related questions to receive direct answers from Eric

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.19.58 AM.png

As the Evangelist for Data Science and Analytics at Adobe, Eric works with the best analytics products in the world and the best Adobe Analytics customers as well. My role at Adobe as an evangelist is to work with the analytics enthusiast. I’m here to help you better understand Adobe’s vision when it comes to data and analytics, to clear up any confusion that you may have about the Adobe Experience Cloud, and finally, to help spark and lead conversation about where our awesome industry is heading.

This is our second Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break! If you're curious about our other Adobe Experience Cloud Community Coffee Breaks, be sure to check out our past 2020 Adobe Target Coffee Breaks, as well as our latest and upcoming 2021 Adobe Campaign Coffee Breaks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

22 Replies

Level 1

Hi,

Question about Time spent (because it is so easy to understand). Does the dimensions "Site section" act as a prop or not when it comes the time to calculate time spent? (will spread forward apply to Site Section?). When leverying visits, bounces and total seconds spent, I can't seem to recreate Time spent per visit for a dimension. Thank You!

Employee Advisor

Hi @pier-olivierd92 - I believe Site Section does not have any concept of persistence (like an evar does). Some great documentation on Time Spent here: 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/analytics/components/metrics/time-spent.html?lang=en