Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Advanced Segment Sharing required (view, duplicate, edit)

Level 2

I am repeatedly running into the following problem with edit rights on Adobe Analytics projects and segments:

• For projects there is an advanced sharing feature, that distinguishes between edit, duplicate and view-rights.
  • For segments there is a basic sharing feature only, that is similar to the duplicate mechanism of project-rights-management.

This leads to the following reoccurring issue:

• I share one of my projects with a colleague and grant him edit rights. My colleague needs to be able to edit the project in all its tables, table filters, segments etc.
  • However, the project contains some segments created by myself. As segment based edit rights do not exist, my colleague always has to reach out to me in order to adjust the segments. Or to be more precise, all colleagues will have to reach out to me (system administrator) if they share dashboards with colleagues and run into the same issue.

After contacting Adobe Customer Care, they suggested granting system administrator rights to the concerned colleagues as a workaround... obviously, this is not a valid option. Additionally, they suggesting rising this issue here at the community platform so that product management team could take a look at this and derive a possible new feature / requirement.

That's why I would suggest advanced sharing feature for segments (edit, duplicate, view). This is something we would really need. And I guess more off your Adobe Analytics users as well (see below).

Note: I also found another discussion, where this feature would solve their issue as well. https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-questions/segments/m-p/463193#M3846... 

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Definitely an interesting challenge...  and of course, on complex reports, you would want to choose which segments have sharing capabilities rather than a blanket "share all".

Since there will be some permanent, suite wide segments that you do not want shared at all... and other report specific segments that you would want to be able to share.... 

Level 2

Yes, the segment's owner would have be aware which segments to share and which not to share. I guess global, suite-wide segments would most likely be owned by system administrators and dedicated internal experts anyway.