Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

[AA Community Q&A Coffee Break] 04/05/23, 10am PT: Come ask questions on analytics, best practices, and tips & tricks with Ben Gaines, Director of Product Management for Adobe Analytics

Administrator

Join us for the next Adobe Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break 

taking place Wednesday, April 5th, 2023 @ 10am PT - 11am PT 

Register Here

We will be joined by Ben Gaines (@BenjaminGaines), Director of Product Management for Adobe Analytics, who will be signed in to the Adobe Analytics Community to chat directly with you on this thread about Customer Journey Analytics, Analysis Workspace, all things product, and the big announcements from Summit 2023.

Bring any and ALL of your questions here, on this thread, on Wednesday, April 5th at 10am PT for comprehensive insights, deeper explanations, and strategic suggestions for your unique use cases ~ DIRECTLY from the Adobe Analytics Director of Product Management!

Vani Bhemarasetty (aka @VaniBhemarasetty), Technical Consultant for Adobe Analytics will also be joining to provide additional insights and answers to your questions.

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period 
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Analytics
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Analytics Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game) 

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post to create a question thread which our expert will directly reply to.
  • Register Here

seanrobinson_0-1676565333543.png

Ben Gaines is a Director of Product Management for Customer Journey Analytics, part of Adobe Analytics. In this role, he works closely with Adobe customers to understand their needs around cross-channel data and insights, helps guide the product strategy and roadmap, and mentors a team of product managers and technical writers. Along with Blair Reeves, he is the co-author of Building Products for the Enterprise: Product Management in Enterprise Software, available now from O’Reilly Media. In his spare time, he loves basketball, sushi, and running a Mastodon server. He lives near Salt Lake City, Utah, with his wife and four children.

Curious about what an Adobe Analytics Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our latest 01/30/23 Adobe Analytics Coffee Break. 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

44 Replies

Employee

Sure thing. The first thing I would check is whether you are using a clickthrough metric imported from Eloqua or the clickthrough metric native to Adobe Analytics. If the former (i.e., from Eloqua) then I don't have a good answer—those should be coming through directly and should line up. That would be an issue to raise with Eloqua specific to this integration. If the latter (i.e., the clickthrough metric in AA), then my first guesses would be (a) that you have a bunch of Eloqua links that are either missing a tracking code, so that AA doesn't attribute those clicks to Eloqua correctly; or (b) that the tracking codes in your Eloqua links aren't being correctly assigned to the eVar/campaign variable in question (meaning that, for example, maybe you have emailID=123456 in your links, but AA hasn't been configured to look for the "emailID" query parameter). That's where I would start on this. Customer Care may be able to help more, and dig into the specifics. 

Employee

Okay folks, it is 11:13 AM PDT and I need to sign off to attend to some other things. This was fun—definitely took me back to my community management days . Let's do it again sometime. If you had questions that I didn't get to (I think they are all answered as of this moment), I'll do my best to get to them later on this week. 

Administrator

Great to have you here, Ben. Hope you enjoyed your sugar-free Red Bull break today and please do come back Appreciate you taking time to join us today 

- Ying and ExL PM team