Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Baidu Access Key

Level 1

I'm trying to setup my Baidu account in AMO.  It is asking for "Access Key".  I have no idea where to get this.  It is no where in my Baidu account.  Where do I get it?  Thanks for any inputs.

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Contact your baidu Account Manager to initiate the API activation process.

Baidu my evaluate your account based on spend,keyword volume, and developer capabilities to determine if you qualify for API Acess

The Baidu help centre describes the criteria used to determine if you qualify for API access and the activation process itself.

When baidu notifies you that API Access has been activated, sign into the profile section of the Baidu Business Development center to access your API token.

Then you need to contact your Baidu Account Manager to have http://pixel.everesttech.net added to the list of authorized tracking domains.This is the domain Adobe uses to redirect clicks for tracking purpose.

I hope this helps!

Regards
Syed

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the AMO community!

The Access Key to be used here is the one for the developer account. Only agency account managers, Media Optimizer account managers, and administrators can configure this setting. I would recommend reaching out to one of those people if you don't have the privileges. 

In case you have the necessary admin privileges, let me know so that I can help you further. Thanks.

Tanmay

Level 1

Thanks.  I am the AMO manager.  I just have no idea what generates the Baidu Access Key and where to find it.  It's not in any of my Baidu accounts that I can tell.  I have the field in my AMO manager and I can setup everything in the account details EXCEPT for the Access Key because I don't know what it is.

Level 10

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the revert.

For linking Baidu account:

API Token or Access Key will be provided by Baidu Account Manager
Once Access key is received, we have to get our domain: pixel.everestech.net whitelisted by Baidu for proper tracking.

Hope this helps.

Tanmay

Correct answer by
Employee

Contact your baidu Account Manager to initiate the API activation process.

Baidu my evaluate your account based on spend,keyword volume, and developer capabilities to determine if you qualify for API Acess

The Baidu help centre describes the criteria used to determine if you qualify for API access and the activation process itself.

When baidu notifies you that API Access has been activated, sign into the profile section of the Baidu Business Development center to access your API token.

Then you need to contact your Baidu Account Manager to have http://pixel.everesttech.net added to the list of authorized tracking domains.This is the domain Adobe uses to redirect clicks for tracking purpose.

I hope this helps!

Regards
Syed

Level 1

Jim Chavez wrote...

Thanks.  I am the AMO manager.  I just have no idea what generates the Baidu Access Key and where to find it.  It's not in any of my Baidu accounts that I can tell.  I have the field in my AMO manager and I can setup everything in the account details EXCEPT for the Access Key because I don't know what it is.

Hi Jim,

Try using the below steps for the access key:

• Go to http://apihome.baidu.com (Use Chrome for translation)
  • Login with client’s credentials
  • Click on “Personal Center”
  • Under Permission Code copy the key and paste it into Access key in AMO Search Engine Settings.

Use this value in the access key and you good to go.

Hope it helps!