Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does Workfront Scenario Plan export to Excel?

Level 3

We are updating quarterly budgets and roadmaps. Before Scenario planner we would adjust projects in Resource Manager, export to Excel where we would slice and dice the data to produce spending and resource graphs. We would like to do this from Scenario Planner for each plan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Employee

Hi David! This is a great question that I don't know off the top of my head, but I know people who do! We have a group specifically for Scenario Planner that the product team watches closely, so I'm going to move your question to that group so they see it.

Thank you!

Kyna

Employee

Hi @Kyle Silberbauer - inactive‚ and @Anna Asatryan‚ I know you've both been involved in Scenario Planner, can you help answer David's question?

Level 2

Hey David! Right now, no, Scenario Planner does not export directly to Excel/csv. You can report on the SP Initiatives and Job Roles via the regular WF custom Reports module though, and export from there.

But to provide the best suggestion for you, I would need more information on your use-case:

Which fields were you using in the Resource Planner export (e.g. AVL, PLN, ACT, VAR, etc.)?

And which view would you export (e.g. "View by Project" with a quarterly time frame...)?

Level 3

Hi Kyle,

In Resource Manager I would use AVL and BDG with Costs/QTR for each Project/Initiative. The difference in AVL and BDG would indicate if we had excess resources or needed to increase head

count. I may also drill down into FTE to indicate specific roles that were over or under utilized.

This is our first exercise using Scenario Planner so I'll need to play around with how to generate reports based on scenarios.

Can you point me to any examples or fields I would use to distinguish between plans?

Level 2

We intend for SP to answer that AVL vs. BDG question from within the application itself. For example, we're currently developing better visualizations for Job Role utilization across all Initiatives on the Plan, but you would use this visualization from within SP. Unfortunately, this data is not exportable--though we have heard from other customers as well that they prefer the export, and we may develop that in the future.

The reports/exports I referred to are for comparing your Plan to what actually happened. I.e. there is an "Initiative Job Role" report that allows you to compare the Initiative Job Role hours vs. the Project PLN or ACT hours.