Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront VS Sharepoint

Level 2
For those who have sharepoint integrations, how do workfront and sharepoint overlap and what are you currently using sharepoint for? Thank you, Laura Mormile Excelsior College
22 Replies

Level 10
Oooh I see it, why have I been ignoring that field for so long!! Thank you!!

Level 10
Hi Peyto – thanks for revealing that URL field to me, I've overlooked it this whole time. The problem with that URL field in the Project Overview is that only Planners can update it, and I need the Workers to be able to add the link. The Task Details view is buried too deep within a project with 60 tasks, nobody will ever be able to find it so many clicks away (my users are truly resistant to anything new and not tech-savvy) and with a variety of project templates, the task it's related to is not always consistent, depends on the type of project. That all said, creating a custom field, putting it on a report on a dashboard on a tab in the project is I think the best way to reveal this document. The label is clear, it's easy to find, and with that tip on how to make it a hyperlink, it's actually pretty great. I'm going to launch it today with my team. I'm hoping this reduces the complaints about Workfront by 20% (modest goals!) if people don't have to open the Word document, save it, change it, save it, upload it, sometimes multiple times a day. And that's when they don't just start emailing it back and forth and the final version never winds up in Workfront at all. Thanks!!